Thursday, December 29, 2011

Winter, Holidays, New Year, Birthdays

First off... It is the end of December. 55 degree weather is NOT acceptable. I tolerate 80 and 90 degree weather just so I can get to the 20 and 30 degree weather. Now where is it?? All I want for my birthday (other than a date :)) is COLD weather and snow. It is only 2 weeks away and so far the forecast is not looking good.
Secondly, I love the holidays. I love any excuse to hang out with my family, and the holidays are great for that. However, the older I get, the more reality hits when the holidays roll around. The reality that oh hey, you're still single. I've always been the first to joke about me still be single and hardly going on dates, but secretly, it isn't so easy. I just decided that it is better to joke, laugh, and be happy with what I'm blessed with than to dwell on it. Especially when I just realized that I'll be spending New Years with my parents and/or aunt. What 25 year old wants to do that? Really, I'm just grateful that my parents will hang out with their 25 year old daughter.
And Lastly... 2012 could be "My Year". The year I find my dream job or at least find out what my dream job is. The year I find that man to spend eternity with. There is so much to look forward to in this new year. So Happy New Year to you all!

No comments: