Tuesday, July 29, 2008

July

I want to thank my sisters and mom for a great Saturday! We enjoyed the mountains, the heat (haha), shopping, the temple, and of course the highlight of the trip, Les Miserables! I am so glad we started this girls only tradition and look forward to many more in the years to come. I was also glad that when I suggested a play at Tuachan my sisters were more than willing to come down to my end of the state!

I spent my first Pioneer Day somewhere besides Redmond, UT. I must say that I really was quite disappointed in the events here in Cedar City. The parade was just ok, I'm pretty sure Redmond's parade had more floats than Cedar City's. And the most disappointing part was the lack of a fireworks show. I guess Summer Games take all of Cedar City's firework budget! Though it did turn out to be a great day with friends! Some of my friends doubted my ability to be in charge of and host a potluck dinner, but it turned out really well.

Well July is winding down, which saddens me. I now only have three full weeks of play time before the studying begins on August 25th. For sure, my friends and I will make the most of the summer days we have left with things like volleyball (as often as possible :)), hiking, parties, and whatever other crazy ideas we come up with.

Alyson and I are moving the end of this week. I think I am more excited for this move than any other move ever! After living in a house full of ten girls for an entire year, I can't imagine anything worse. I am actually looking forward to only having four or five roommates (I never thought I would say that). And the best part of this will be having room for my food in the refrigerator. Sad as it is, I have been unable to have food in the fridge without it getting lost or eaten in about a year. I definitely will be posting pictures of the dump I live in now compared to the place I am moving into! I cannot wait.

No comments: