Tuesday, July 1, 2008

To Be Young Again

The family reunion went ok, I guess. There will always be a lack of participation from some people and that is ok. But thanks to everyone in my family who was there. We get points for the most participation I think. After everyone had left and we got the park cleaned up, we found ourselves at Grandma and Grandpa's house. It was a nice day, so I stayed outside in the front yard. My mom started playing catch with my cousin's boy, Tanner. Well of course my mom got sick of it and so she volunteered my time to play with Tanner. Tanner wouldn't let me play catch with him without a glove. That was one day my stash of softballs and gloves in my car came in handy! That three year old little boy has quite the arm! We played catch for a good hour and a half to two hours. When we finally got to put our gloves away, Tanner decided to be the hero of the day and hunt bad guys. By this time Tanner and I were the only ones left outside so I decided to be Tanner's sidekick. I had let my imagination take over and Tanner and I defeated all the bad guys we found! Well Tanner defeated them, there was only one he couldn't get to since this bad guy was in the tree. After three or four times around the house and once back to the shed and twice inside the house, we were finally done and free of bad guys and monsters. Thank you to Tanner for a great afternoon of baseball and bad guy hunting!

No comments: